Cargo Operatives based in Purfleet
C RO Ports London Ltd are looking to expand on our current groups of Cargo Operatives to meet the increasing demands within our busy ro-ro terminal.
Located on the River Thames, C RO Ports London Ltd is part of a larger group of roll-on roll-off shipping ports offering stevedoring services at a number of locations around Europe.
- The handling of cargo for third party hauliers, either loading or unloading cargo onto and/or off lorries or vessels operating heavy plant and machinery in a safe manner (full training will be given).
- The loading and unloading of 3rd party customer vehicles to and from the vessel.
- Use of the Fer4 Freight Management System for locating units around the terminal.
- To moor/unmoor vessels at commencement and departure times.
- To work in a safe environment checking manifested weights of the cargo being handled
- General operation site duties, including cleaning, general labour duties and driving vehicles.
- To cover as and when required any other duties that may arise to help the day to day running of the terminal.
We are looking for an organised team member who must have:
Knowledge and experience of port or warehouse operations ideally driving plant/machinery i.e. Reachstackers, Tugmasters, Fork Lift Trucks and RTGs.
- To be flexible in their working arrangements working within a 24 hour/7 day shift roster.
- A pro-active approach to Health and Safety.
- A knowledge of Safe Systems of Work (SSOW).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, work efficiently and in line with all company policies and procedures.
- Basic IT Skills
- Have a full clean driving licence
The successful applicants will be self-motivated and have the ability to work to tight timescales and on their own initiative.
C RO Ports is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and an up-to-date CV to