Commercial Development Manager
CLdN CARGO is part of the CLdN Group, a stable and growing company. We are an asset-based operator with more than 5,500 own transport units and offer total solutions for European multimodal transport. Our organisation consists of three business units, each with their own focus: Containers, Trailers and Development. With an international team of almost 200 people, we focus on offering the best solutions, using ferry, rail, barge and truck. We work for both large international clients and local producers, and have ambitious growth plans.
Do you have the commercial skills and the ambition to further develop CLdN CARGO across Europe?
Since 2022, CLdN CARGO centralised its development in a separate division, which has 100% focus on developing new services and expanding the multimodal network in Eastern and Western Europe. In order to realise our growth plans, we are looking for talents who can exploit new ventures and expand our current client base. You will join a small but growing team with a lot of dedication. You will actively develop existing and new services within our highly competitive and dynamic international sector. This in close collaboration with your colleagues within the development team, the sales team and the other divisions.
In order to help growing our business we are looking for a Commercial Development Manager working for our development division. Your main activity will be the creation and the development of a portfolio of existing and prospective clients across Europe.
- Participate actively in the set-up of commercial and development strategies;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and prospective clients;
- Represent CLdN Cargo at different levels (exhibitions, trade fairs, network events);
- Screen the market for business opportunities and actively visit potential customers;
- Establish selling price by analysing supply and demand, economic trends, commodity flows;
- Actively engage with the operational colleagues, tender team and other business units.
- You have an education on Bachelor level preferably in logistics (engineering) or commerce;
- You have a strong commercial acumen and already act with clients on management level;
- You are prepared to travel throughout Europe;
- You are IT savvy;
- You speak Dutch and English, any other languages are considered as an advantage;
- You are highly motivated, dynamic and result oriented;
- You like selling and have excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- You can work autonomously and are flexible, both in mind and in spirit;
- You can think outside the box.
- You have a good sense of humor.
What we offer
- A stimulating working environment with positive and committed colleagues;
- A can-do attitude working environment and quick decision making;
- An excellent trajectory for personal development;
- An attractive salary package including all the tools you need to do your job;
- A workplace in our Rotterdam or Zeebrugge office;
- Option to work from home.
Would you like to know more about this position or would you like to apply?
Do not hesitate to send your CV with motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org