Commercial Manager Ireland
CLdN is one of Europe’s leading multimodal logistics providers, composed of three vertically integrated business activities: CLdN RoRo operates more than 20 modern RoRo vessels offering more than 130 sailings per week. CLdN Cargo owns a fleet of 4500 trailers and 45ft containers and provides door-to-door logistics services, including European full-load transport, freight forwarding and freight management. CLdN Ports owns and operates RoRo ports in England, the Netherlands and Belgium. The roots of the CLdN Group date back to 1928. Headquartered in Luxembourg, the Group today employs close to 3,000 people. www.cldn.com
Do you have the commercial skills as well as the ambition
to further develop CLdN CARGO in Ireland?
In order to strengthen our organisation, we are looking to expand our commercial team with a COMMERCIAL MANAGER for Ireland. Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will be based in our Dublin office and work in close collaboration with the local business unit teams in Ipswich, Zeebrugge and Rotterdam.
Within this challenging role, you will develop the presence of the CLdN brand in Ireland by pro-actively managing and expanding new and existing customers. You will play a key role in the set-up of commercial strategies in order to reach the defined objectives and further build the commercial organization whilst keeping the customer satisfaction at the right level.
You will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and prospective clients on a continuous basis, increasing business potential complementing the company growth strategy;
- Actively scan the market for business opportunities and cultivate new sales leads by intensive networking, representing CLdN Cargo at different levels (fairs, commercial representations …) and visiting (potential) customers to sell CLdN Cargo’s full services portfolio;
- Analyse customer sales data and define strategic actions in coordination with internal stakeholders;
- Focus on analysing the empty equipment in Ireland and translate the capacity into demand with our customers;
- Actively engage with the operational offices and their management teams and act as a sparring partner for the tender team, development team and the senior management;
- Ad hoc projects.
- You have a relevant logistics education and/or experience;
- You have experience in the Irish shortsea market;
- You have excellent commercial and communication skills;
- You have a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- You have a minimum knowledge of the European door-to-door and/or shortsea market;
- You are prepared to travel throughout Ireland and occasionally other parts of Europe;
- You are a flexible professional with the correct attitude and have the ability to think outside the box;
- You are a team player.
Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply?
Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com with reference “Commercial Manager”.