Data scientist (Shipping Division)
> for our headquarters in Luxembourg and/or Antwerp office
Are you data minded and having the capability to translate business requirements into analytical products and tools?
CLdN offers a challenging job where you can help drive visible, recognizable change as a Data Scientist (m/f).
Reporting directly into the Head of Shipping Operations, this position offers an opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of data science-related methods and tools to create results and insights that will accelerate the transformation of our business, and to work with business specialist across the entire CLdN Group. You will be given a key role in uplifting the data learning potential of the entire organization by applying statistical modelling, forecasting, optimization and machine learning techniques and creating reporting tools for strategical decision-making.
As a member of the Shipping Operations team, you will become part of a growing team with a young spirit, which is committed in extracting patterns and insights from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology. You will have close contact to business specialists, which will provide you the required insights to support the business.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Drive analytics innovation into digital products in customer analytics, asset deployment optimization, operation optimization and similar domains.
- Identify commercially and operationally relevant insights from mathematical or statistical treatment of data and operationalize them into business applications.
- Participate in analytics projects, extract value and create actionable recommendations.
- Create reporting tools to support business decision-making
- Co-operate with businesses and internal or external stakeholders, as necessary.
- You have more than 2 years’ work experience in building data science models and products.
- You are holder of an M.S.C. and/or PhD degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering or any related field.
- You have experience in quantitative methods, descriptive and predictive modelling, statistics or similar.
- You have an excellent track record of using languages and platforms such as Python / R, Hadoop, Git / Stash and MySQL.
- You are interested and willing to analyse business processes and reporting methods and seek for improvements, which support the relevant business stakeholders.
- You are a good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually.
- You have the ability to communicate data science results and analytics value to business stakeholders.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English.
CLdN offers a long-term contract in a dynamic and international company.
If you are interested, please send your resume and letter of application to email@example.com with reference “Data scientist (m/f)”.
CLdN is a group of companies, each active in a different branch within shipping and logistics. CLdN Ro-Ro owns a fleet of over 25 ro-ro vessels, which together account for almost 140 sailings per week, between 11 ports in Europe. They mainly ship new vehicles, containers, trailers and project cargo. C.RO Ports operates several terminals in the ports of Rotterdam (NL), Zeebrugge (BE), Killingholme and Purfleet (UK). Besides handling the CLdN ferries, they offer third party stevedoring and some very specific services for the automotive industry.