Fleet Deployment and Bunker Operator (Shipping Division) (m/f)
CLdN is a solid and growing company offering integrated logistics solutions. The CLdN RoRo network covers shortsea connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia. With 30+ RoRo ships, we provide our clients with sustainable, reliable and cost-effective transport solutions, linking the major economic areas in Europe with more than 125 sailings per week. With an international team of more than 3,000 people, we focus on sustainable partnerships and provide tailor-made and innovative solutions in transport everywhere we g(r)o(w).
Due to expansion, CLdN ro-ro SA is looking to strengthen its team of Shipping operations and is looking for a Fleet Deployment and Bunker Operator (m/f) at their headquarters in Luxembourg (Grand Duchy of Luxembourg).
As a member of the Shipping Operations team, you will become part of a positive, committed team of co-workers with a young spirit. You will you have an important role in managing the daily operations of a multiport ro-ro fleet of about 25 vessels. You will plan, implement, liaise, oversee and coordinate all vessel movements and arrange bunkers in the most effective way. At all times you will be encouraged to foster operational process improvements and lead your idea to a successful implementation.
Reporting to the Head of Shipping Operations, your tasks will be:
- Planning, scheduling, implementing, advising, liaising, overseeing all vessel movements in the most effective and profitable way.
- Monitoring vessel adherence to the above. You will be responsible to monitor operational KPIs and adjust/improve the operational processes where necessary.
- Reporting on variances to scheduling, advising of implications both commercially and financially.
- Organizing bunker operations and guard together with our technical department about the quantity and quality of the delivered fuel.
- Monitoring and coordinating the distribution of line equipment.
- Analyzing all associated costs relating to vessel operations, with continuous assessment and improvements.
- Preparing statistical reports for CLdN management and/or lead the development of automated reporting tools together with the team’s data scientists.
- Depending on your analytical and technical skills and capabilities you will be involved in:
- Monitoring the operational fleet performance and suggest improvements to Captains where necessary.
- Use a strategical fleet deployment software seeking a deployment with the highest contribution to profit for the organization.
- Business cases of all kind.
- Undertaking any other duties within your skill and ability.
- You hold minimum a Bachelor’s degree with relevant working experience such as but not limited to one of the following areas: shipping operations, bunkering, Ro-Ro, logistics, cargo stowage, sailing experience (deck/engine) or fleet performance monitoring.
- You love to organize and plan while keeping the broader picture in mind.
- You are a problem solver and as such, you can think out of the box.
- You have a high degree of flexibility and availability.
- You are a multitasker and work well under pressure.
- You are a good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually.
- You have good communication skills and an excellent level in English.
- You have a continuous improvement mind-set and have good analytical skills.
- You are available for an evening/weekend “on call” rota system in order to manage unforeseen vessel or berth issues and update the schedule and inform relevant stakeholders as required.
CLdN offers a long term contract in a dynamic and international company.
Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply?
Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “Fleet Deployment and Bunker Operator (Shipping Division) (m/f)”.