Freight Shipping Planner (Purfleet)
The group CLdN is a Luxembourg based multimodal transportation and logistics group. It operates dry bulk carriers (deep sea) and ferries (short sea), terminals as well as having its own trailers and container division.
CLdN roro Agencies Ltd is the commercial arm of CLdN ro ro SA, owning and operating a modern fleet of roll-on roll-off vessels though out Europe. Looking to expand our current team of Freight Shipping Planners to process cargo bookings and planning all the different types of export cargo on each vessel.
- To liaise with all customers via telephone, C-web and e-mail giving them up-to-date information on their cargo within the companies care.
- Processing all custom clearances required and updating lists for invoicing.
- Assist the Route Manager to ensure that the vessels are utilised to full capacity.
- Collating various manifests for each vessel within the fleet.
- Liaising with Port Authorities/Regulatory Authorities/HMRC.
- Liaise with Relay Port Agency ensuring that units requiring customs clearance can be released from terminal hold for collection.
- Liaising with port and terminal staff to ensure smooth and efficient running of the vessel and terminal operations.
- Using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook systems.
This role requires you to work a shift pattern, working between 0600-0600 hours Monday to Sunday (24-hour operation) on a roster basis.
Requirements: We are looking for an organised team member who must:
- preferably be Graduate/Degree level or equivalent by experience
- have knowledge of customs processes import and export.
- have experience within shipping
- be able to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines
- have a high degree of flexibility
- have good communication skills
- be able to work on their own initiative
- good customer services skills and IT skills
- ability to multi-task
CLdN is an equal opportunities employer.
To find out more about our Company please visit www.cldn.com
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please send your up-to-date CV along with current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 27th September, 2021