Graduate Civils Engineer - Killingholme
CLdN is a leading provider of integrated quay-to-quay and door-to-door logistics solutions. Founded in 1928, CLdN ensures reliable, cost-effective transport that links the major economic areas of Europe. With 30 ships and more than 200 sailings a week, CLdN provides shortsea roll-on / roll-off (ro-ro) connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia and offers the lowest CO2 footprint of all Western European RoRo operators. CLdN’s cargo and multimodal services have a Europe-wide reach using CLdN’s extensive network of ships, terminals and equipment. CLdN’s 3,000 employees ensure that it fulfills its mission: to excel as an integrated provider of maritime links.
Your 3-year development programme will be based primarily in the Civils Engineering Department, with a range of rotational placements across our ports. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience required for a successful career.
Our Civils team will support your ongoing professional development, through a combination of on-the-job practical experience, placements, mentoring and networking. As part of this programme, you will be expected to study and pass a level 6 (degree) apprenticeship, such as Civil Engineering or similar.
Projects will be undertaken throughout your 3-year programme, working alongside the Repairs and Admin Team and Operations Department, providing cost effectiveness as high priority, including tasks:
- Working closely with the UK Technical Manager
- Work will involve being site and office based.
- Resolving problems with guidance and support from management
- Preparing KPI and management reports
- Building and maintaining relationships with our contractors and workforce
- Logistics planning
- Systems improvement and project work
- Undertaking management development training / apprenticeship.
- Educated to degree level, minimum 2:2 (or equivalent qualifications)
- An interest in developing a Civils Engineering career.
- Able to demonstrate some work experience.
- Will have excellent IT and communication skills, with a forward-thinking approach.
- Proactive and practical in an industrial environment.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Will have a full, clean driving licence.
- Must have a passport for potential travel to European ports.
- Will be willing to undertake a Basic Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
- Willing to relocate to base location (Killingholme or Purfleet).
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
Contact: Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply? Do not hesitate to send you CV with a cover letter to email@example.com with reference GRADUATE CIVIL ENGINEER.