Junior Fleet Performance Engineer (m/f)
CLdN RoRo is one of Europe’s leading multimodal logistics providers. With local presence in various countries, we act as a logistics provider with European reach. We supply door-to-door transport solutions tailored to our customers’ needs. We are part of CLdN, a vertically integrated provider of ro-ro shipping, port and land logistics services.
Are you data minded and wishing to assist us in optimizing our operational efficiency?
Then CLdN RoRo might be a good fit for you!
CLdN offers a challenging job where you can help drive visible, recognizable change as a Junior Fleet Performance Engineer (m/f).
You will become part of a growing team with a young spirit, which is committed in extracting patterns and insights from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology. With a focus on vessel performance and optimization, you will develop and improve software solutions related to the operational efficiency of CLdN’s seagoing vessels. Your software and Maritime insights will accelerate the transformation of our business to become a more energy efficient ship operator, reducing our greenhouse gas emissions.
Summarized you may expect to:
- Follow-up the performance of 25 vessels, based on data. This task will involve writing and using in-house developed software. Analyze/monitor the operational efficiency data and identify improvement potentials.
- Create dashboards to be used on shore to improve access to performance data.
- Create KPI’s to systematically report and track vessel efficiency.
- Manage data reporting to external parties such as EU-MRV an IMODCS reporting.
- Co-operate with businesses and internal or external stakeholders, as necessary.
You will play a key role in projects such as listed hereunder:
- Operational: Based on data stored in real-time at high frequencies, identify and follow-up on inefficiencies across our fleet, create and deploy models to check sensor malfunction, maintain close contact with crew onboard to further improve on fuel efficiency, ensure proper emission reporting to government bodies (e.g. MRV reporting), build performance reports for vessels, etc.
- Technical: Determine which vessels to prioritize for hull inspections or cleanings, estimate the efficiency gains when implementing changes such as applying high-quality paint, assist on determining optimal newbuild configurations (e.g. single screw or twin screw, installation of wind turbines on board, etc.).
- M.S.C. and/or PhD degree in computer science, (maritime) engineering, mathematics, or any related field.
- Basic knowledge of software-writing concepts such as object-oriented programming and unit-testing
- Experience with SQL and Python is a strong plus
- Affinity with the logistic, aeronautical or maritime sector is a plus
- Interested and willing to analyse business processes and reporting methods and seek for improvements which support the relevant business stakeholders.
- Interested and willing to deep dive into the field of ships performance monitoring (hydrodynamics, engine configurations, etc.)
- A good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually.
- Ability to communicate (data) insights and analytics to business stakeholders.
- Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English.
- A stimulating working environment with positive and committed co-workers;
- A can-do attitude working environment and quick decision making allowing you to develop your career within our group;
Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply? Do not hesitate to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “Junior Fleet Performance Engineer”.