Line Equipment Fitter - North Killingholme
CLdN is a leading provider of integrated quay-to-quay and door-to-door logistics solutions. Founded in 1928, CLdN ensures reliable, cost-effective transport that links the major economic areas of Europe. With 30 ships and more than 200 sailings a week, CLdN provides shortsea roll-on / roll-off (ro-ro) connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia and offers the lowest CO2 footprint of all Western European RoRo operators. CLdN’s cargo and multimodal services have a Europe-wide reach using CLdN’s extensive network of ships, terminals and equipment. CLdN’s 3,000 employees ensure that it fulfills its mission: to excel as an integrated provider of maritime links.
CLdN Ports wish to recruit a Line Equipment Fitter to work within our busy Line Equipment Workshop and expanding Ro-Ro Terminal. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and have a flexible, professional and pro-active approach to work.
- You will be required to carry out diagnostic and repair work to a wide range of shipping equipment, which will include skelly’s, mafi’s, cassettes, and lot trestles.
- Carrying out mechanical and electrical work to road going ferry trailers, this may include braking and suspension systems, to lighting and ABS faults, which must be carried out to a safe and legal standard.
- You will follow scheduled maintenance and inspection plans to within the guidelines of the individual shipping equipment.
- You will be required to clearly and correctly log and record any details of inspections and repairs carried out to any of the line equipment.
- The role will include welding and fabrication work to a safe and good standard to all line/shipping equipment via mig welding plants.
- You will also be required to use various/ bespoke IT programs.
- It is important that you have a good work ethic with good organisational skills
- Ideally you will be a time served apprentice or equivalent and be able to carry out mechanical and electrical work, diagnostics and repairs
- You must have a formal welding and fabrication qualification.
- You will have previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of lighting, braking and suspension systems
- It is essential you have a pro-active approach towards problem solving, workload and time management with good knowledge of Health and Safety
- You will have good interpersonal and communication skills as well as proficiency with bespoke and Microsoft systems
- You must be a self-motivated individual
- Good timekeeping is essential
- Ability to prioritise workload whilst working to tight timescales in accordance with company policies
- You must be able to work within a team.
- A flexible approach to work is necessary as you will be expected to cover when required
- Must be willing to undertake any duties that may arise to contribute to the day-to-day running of the line equipment workshop
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
- Free on-site parking
- Annual leave increase with service
Contact: Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply?
Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com with reference Line Equipment Fitter.