Maintenance Engineer - Killingholme
CLdN is a leading provider of integrated quay-to-quay and door-to-door logistics solutions. Founded in 1928, CLdN ensures reliable, cost-effective transport that links the major economic areas of Europe. With 30 ships and more than 200 sailings a week, CLdN provides shortsea roll-on / roll-off (ro-ro) connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia and offers the lowest CO2 footprint of all Western European RoRo operators. CLdN’s cargo and multimodal services have a Europe-wide reach using CLdN’s extensive network of ships, terminals and equipment. CLdN’s 3,000 employees ensure that it fulfills its mission: to excel as an integrated provider of maritime links.
CLdN Ports wish to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to work within our busy Workshop and expanding Ro-Ro Terminal. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and have a flexible, professional and pro-active approach to work.
- You will be required to carry out diagnostic and repair work and maintain a wide range of heavy plant machinery including Tugmasters, Reach Stackers, Fork Lift Trucks and all associated port plant, owned or leased by the Company.
- You will follow scheduled maintenance and inspection plans to within the guidelines of the individual shipping equipment.
- You will be required to clearly and correctly log and record any details of inspections and repairs carried out to any machinery.
- To book out any parts used and order any non stock items as required and authorised by Management.
- Complete job sheets required for each job undertaken
- Assist in conducting training and development of apprentices and / or inexperienced fitters.
- Ensure all tools utilised in the workshop are safe and serviceable, highlighting any problems to the Workshop Manager
- You will also be required to use various/ bespoke IT programs.
- It is important that you have a good work ethic with good organisational skills
- Ideally you will be a time served apprentice or equivalent and be able to carry out mechanical and electrical work, diagnostics and repairs
- You will have previous experience in a similar role working with heavy plant and machinery.
- It is essential you have a pro-active approach towards problem solving, workload and time management with good knowledge of Health and Safety
- You will have good interpersonal and communication skills as well as proficiency with bespoke and Microsoft systems
- You must be a self-motivated individual
- Good time-keeping is essential
- Ability to prioritise workload whilst working to tight timescales in accordance with company policies
- You must be able to work within a team.
- A flexible approach to work is necessary as you will be expected to cover when required
- Must be willing to undertake any duties that may arise to contribute to the day-to-day running of the workshop
- You must be willing to work to a flexible timetable to meet the changing patterns of work which could include working at other CLdN Ports across the UK and Europe, along with shifts including weekend cover.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
Contact: Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply? Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com with reference Maintenance Engineer.