Site Manager - North Killingholme
CLdN is a leading provider of integrated quay-to-quay and door-to-door logistics solutions. Founded in 1928, CLdN ensures reliable, cost-effective transport that links the major economic areas of Europe. With 30 ships and more than 200 sailings a week, CLdN provides shortsea roll-on / roll-off (ro-ro) connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia and offers the lowest CO2 footprint of all Western European RoRo operators. CLdN’s cargo and multimodal services have a Europe-wide reach using CLdN’s extensive network of ships, terminals and equipment. CLdN’s 3,000 employees ensure that it fulfills its mission: to excel as an integrated provider of maritime links.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager reporting to the UK Technical Manager at our busy and expanding Ro-Ro Terminal in Killingholme. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role.
- Maintain infrastructure
- Effectively communicate concepts to non-technical audiences
- Research, appoint, supervise and monitor contractors and other suppliers
- Deliver projects safely, in compliance, and to budget within an operational environment
- Administer minor works contracts
- Assist UK Manager in contract administration of major works.
- Proactively manage inspection regime and recommendations for long term asset maintenance
- Report on contract/budget progress and proactively enable compliance with both
- Plan and organise work – set and review objectives, identify resources and plan activities to ensure completion of projects on time.
- Health, Safety and Welfare - identify and manage risks in line with legislation, hazards and safe systems of work
- Manage quality – identify standards required by clients and implement procedures for managing, recording and improving quality
- Possess a BSc/BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering or a Level 6 Civil Engineering qualification
- Have 3 years of post graduate experience
- Have strong people management skills
- Possess a high level of knowledge of health and safety
- Be a confident communicator and able to manage projects and groups of people
- It is important that you have a good work ethic & are a team player
- It is essential you can organise your workload utilising effective time management, with a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach towards problem solving
- A flexible approach to work is necessary as you will be expected to cover when required
- You must also be willing to work to a flexible timetable to meet the changing patterns of work, which could include working at other Ports within the UK and Europe
- You must hold a full UK driving licence
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car (option for electric)
- Cycle to wok Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
Contact: Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply? Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference “SITE MANAGER”.