Automotive Workshop Team Leader - Killingholme
CLdN is a leading provider of integrated quay-to-quay and door-to-door logistics solutions. Founded in 1928, CLdN ensures reliable, cost-effective transport that links the major economic areas of Europe. With 30 ships and more than 200 sailings a week, CLdN provides shortsea roll-on / roll-off (ro-ro) connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia and offers the lowest CO2 footprint of all Western European RoRo operators. CLdN’s cargo and multimodal services have a Europe-wide reach using CLdN’s extensive network of ships, terminals and equipment. CLdN’s 3,000 employees ensure that it fulfills its mission: to excel as an integrated provider of maritime links.
CLdN Automotive Ltd. is a Vehicle Enhancement Centre where vehicles are prepared for customer handover and commercial vehicles are being built to fleet customers’ specifications. It is a busy, fast-paced environment and as the company continues its rapid growth, a new opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to support the PDI operation working closely with the PDI Team Leader to oversee all areas within the department when required.
- Assist in preparing and developing inspection instructions and procedures.
- Ensure all operational tasks within the relevant team are carried out in a timely and efficient manner, assigning responsibilities to and assisting QC operatives in their duties
- Ensure compliance with all group standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Communicate training progress to assessors.
- Interpret vehicle paperwork, locate and confirm VIN numbers, understanding option content and confirm correct accessories for different vehicle types and customers.
- Hold toolbox talks and train/instruct other members of staff as and when required.
- Diagnose issues and communicate effectively to the management team.
- Monitor, record and update logs for client vehicles and in line with agreed KPI’s.
- Responsible for ensuring the team adhere to all company health and safety requirements.
- Monitor any issues in relation to performance and productivity and when necessary are reported to the Workshop Supervisor and Operations Managers.
- Experience of working with prestige brands would be advantageous. The position determines that you must have a flexible approach to working arrangements, have a good understanding of vehicle components / bodywork, and health, safety and quality standards.. All work is to be carried out in line with company policies, procedures and standards with a key focus on quality and health and safety. Additionally, the following are key requirements:
- You will hold either NVQ Level 2, IMI or C&G Level 2 or be time served.
- You must have specific knowledge of vehicle enhancement.
- Understanding of SOP working instructions and be able to follow them.
- You must have excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to prioritise tasks and plan workloads to ensure delivery to agreed timescales and accomplish objectives.
- Ability to work to highest quality standards.
- Good communication and team working skills are essential.
- Previous experience of leading a team would be advantageous
- Good IT skills are a key requirement.
- You must hold a full UK manual driving licence
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance Cover
- Funded training
Are you interested in learning more about this position or do you want to apply?
Do not hesitate to send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com with reference WS Team Leader .
Closing date for applications is 08.00 hours on Thursday 8th February 2024