Graduate Civils Engineer - Purfleet
> Civil Engineering
Graduate Civils Engineer
Founded in 1928, CLdN is a leading shipping group offering worldwide shipping and agency services. Today, CLdN operates over 30 RoRo vessels (including the 2 largest short sea RoRo vessels in the world), 5,500 containers & trailers, has offices and ports in 12 countries and employs almost 4,000 people.
We provide our clients with sustainable, reliable and cost-effective transport solutions, linking the major economic areas in Europe with more than 125 sailings per week. CLdN Ports in the UK own and operate RoRo terminals on the Humber (Killingholme) and Thames (Purfleet).
Your 3-year development programme will be based primarily in the Civils Engineering Department, with a range of rotational placements across our ports. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience required for a successful career.
Our Civils team will support your ongoing professional development, through a combination of on-the-job practical experience, placements, mentoring and networking. As part of this programme, you will be expected to study and pass a level 6 (degree) apprenticeship, such as Civil Engineering or similar.
Projects will be undertaken throughout your 3-year programme, working alongside the Repairs and Admin Team and Operations Dept, providing cost effectiveness as high priority, including tasks: -
- Working closely with the UK Technical Manager
- Work will involve being site and office based.
- Resolving problems with guidance and support from management
- Preparing KPI and management reports
- Building and maintaining relationships with our contractors and workforce
- Logistics planning
- Systems improvement and project work
- Undertaking management development training / apprenticeship.
- Educated to degree level, minimum 2:2 (or equivalent qualifications)
- An interest in developing a Civils Engineering career.
- Able to demonstrate some work experience.
- Will have excellent IT and communication skills, with a forward-thinking approach.
- Proactive and practical in an industrial environment.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Will have a full, clean driving licence.
- Must have a passport for potential travel to European ports.
- Will be willing to undertake a Basic Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
- Willing to relocate to base location (Killingholme or Purfleet).
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance Cover