IT Support Engineer - North Killingholme
CLdN is a leading provider of integrated quay-to-quay and door-to-door logistics solutions. Founded in 1928, CLdN ensures reliable, cost-effective transport that links the major economic areas of Europe. With 30 ships and more than 200 sailings a week, CLdN provides shortsea roll-on / roll-off (ro-ro) connections between the European continent, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Iberia and Scandinavia and offers the lowest CO2 footprint of all Western European RoRo operators. CLdN’s cargo and multimodal services have a Europe-wide reach using CLdN’s extensive network of ships, terminals and equipment. CLdN’s 3,000 employees ensure that it fulfills its mission: to excel as an integrated provider of maritime links.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Engineer at our busy and expanding Ro-Ro Terminal in Killingholme. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role.
- To provide local and remote support for all network users.
- To provide IT support for all UK sites and vessels network infrastructure including:
- Maintenance and installation on the wireless and fibre infrastructure
- PC’s and associated IT equipment
- All software packages used on company systems.
- CCTV and Access Control Systems
- Administration of bespoke IT systems.
- Dealing with Suppliers and Contractors.
- Installation and configuration of CCTV equipment.
- Provide on call out of hours support when required by the call out rota.
- To work closely with the Assistant IT Manager to ensure the successful roll out of projects.
- Provide advice and assistance to other members of the IT team.
- Working at heights where required.
- Completion and implementation of assigned work within time constraints.
- Follow and maintain best practices and adhering to health and safety policies.
- You will have experience with network infrastructure and cable management / installations, CCTV equipment, Access control and fire alarm installations or similar type of role.
- It is important that you have a good work ethic and are a team player
- It is essential you can organise your workload utilising effective time management, with a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- You will have good interpersonal and communication skills
- You must be a self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative with a pro-active approach towards problem solving
- You must be able to work at heights operating MEWP working in a busy Port environment, often outdoors and in inclement weather conditions
- A flexible approach to work is necessary as you will be expected to cover when required
- You must also be willing to work to a flexible timetable to meet the changing patterns of work, which could include working at other Ports within the UK and Europe
- Be willing to undertake further training
- You must hold a full UK driving licence